Newborn’s Blood, Plasma, and RBCs volume
Calculate your premature or fullterm newborn’s Blood, Plasma, and RBCs (red blood cells) Volume, based on body weight at birth and at 72 hour.
- Miller DR. Normal values and examination of the blood: perinatal period infancy childhood and adolescence. In: Miller DR et al. Blood diseases of infancy and childhood. C.V. Mosby. 1984:21-22.
- Schulman I Smith CH Stern GS. Studies on the anemia of prematurity. Am J Dis Child. 1954; 88: 567-595.
- Technical Manual of the American Association of Blood Banks 11th edition. American Association of Blood Banks. 1993. page 766
- Haruna M Kumon K et al. Blood volume measurement at the bedside using ICG pulse spectrophotometry. Anesthesiology. 1998; 89: 1322-1328.
- Iijima T Iwao Y Sankawa H. Circulating blood volume measured by pulse dye-densitometry. Anesthesiology 1998; 89: 1329-1335.