Acid base balance calculator
This calculator will help to diagnose a patient’s acid-base status.
Enter the measured pH and pCO2 and get calculated hydrogen ion concentration and diagnosis of the patient’s acid-base status to see if he/she has normal acid-base status, simple metabolic or respiratory acidosis or alkalosis, or mixed acid base problems.
- Bleich HL. Computer Evaluation of Acid-Base Disorders. J. Clin Invest. 1969.
- Ewald G McKenzie C (editors). Manual of Medical Therapeutics. Little Brown & Company. 1995.
- Goldberg M Green SB et al. Computer-based instruction and diagnosis of acid-base disorders. JAMA 1973.
- McClatchey K. Clinical Laboratory Medicine. Williams & WIlkins. 1994.
- Wallach J. Interpretation of Laboratory Tests. Little Brown & Company. 1996.